COVID-19 POLICY & PROCEDURES
Last Updated May 25, 2022
CSTE is committed to providing its members, partners, and staff with an experience that is as safe as possible and will be implementing a number of precautions to help prevent transmission of COVID-19 at in-person conference events. At this time, CSTE will be offering participants the choice between either in-person or virtual attendance at the 2022 Annual Conference. This page will be continually updated with new information and policies as they are determined, and CSTE may update this policy at any time based on the evolving information learned.
VACCINATION & TESTING REQUIREMENT
- CSTE will require in-person attendees to provide proof of vaccination with minimum of original series + 1 booster (three doses), except for people who received J&J + booster dose of an mRNA vaccine (two doses). Exceptions to this policy will only be granted to attendees with an ADA exemption, who must provide proof of a negative COVID test that is proctored by a medical professional and taken within 72 hours of the start of the event.
- CSTE will be using CrowdPass as a third-party administrator, which provides a secure method to complete your vaccination verification. CrowdPass’ hosting server Heroku, is not only HIPAA compliant, but also has the following certifications ISO 27001, 27017, 27018 as well as SOC 1, 2, and 3 Certified. You can rest assured that your data is safe and secure.
- CSTE will not have access to any private medical records on this system. Only CrowdPass’ trained staff will be able to review and approve records. CSTE will only receive confirmation that an attendee has satisfied the requirement. Within 30 days of the event’s completion ,all your data will be wiped from their database.
- Every in-person attendee should complete the process by June 8, 2022. Attendees who do not provide advance verification or a negative test will not be allowed to attend the in-person event.
MASK REQUIREMENT & SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIREMENTS
- Well-fitting face masks will be required during all indoor conference functions, except when eating or drinking. Attendees must wear an appropriate face mask that covers both the nose and the mouth (e.g. no masks with exhalation valves / vents that can allow virus particles to escape).
- All attendees should be mindful and respectful of other attendees’ when eating, drinking, or presenting where mask wearing may be limited. CSTE staff will not monitor or enforce mask requirements by individual attendees, and we ask attendees to honor the request of others to mask or social distance. CSTE reserves the right to ask an attendee to leave should they be deemed rude, uncooperative, or disrespectful with repeated mask requests from another attendee. Please see the CSTE Annual Conference Waiver.
- CSTE will provide new masks daily to attendees, if needed.
- Physical distancing will be implemented as much as possible in all indoor meetings and social functions and maximum capacities will be enforced in all sessions to help ensure physical distancing is maintained.
- CSTE will incorporate a color-coded system for attendees to visibly indicate their comfort level with physical interaction to other attendees. Attendees should wear their name badge and lanyard at all sessions and events.
- Blue = Handshakes
- Yellow = Elbows only
- Red = Greet from 6 feet
- CSTE hosts several breaks and reception events where attendees will be unmasked while eating or drinking. Attendees should assess their own comfort level when deciding to attend these events.
SCREENING, PREVENTION & SANITIZATION PROCEDURES
- Stay home if you feel unwell or were knowingly exposed to COVID-19, develop symptoms of COVID-19, or test positive for COVID-19 within five (5) days prior to the event. Contact [email protected] for requirements to request a refund prior to attending the conference.
- Attendees should plan to bring their own COVID-19 rapid test kit with you as a reliable tool for early detection.
- High levels of sanitation will be maintained throughout the conference with hand sanitizer stations, and multiple daily cleanings in meeting spaces.
- CSTE recommends that attendees gather and dine outdoors if convening outside of the conference hours; a list of nearby restaurants with outdoor dining facilities around the conference facilities will be available at Registration for easy reference.
- Attendees with COVID-19 related health questions, concerns or consultation should contact CSTE by emailing
- Attendees experiencing potential symptoms of COVID-19 during the conference should remain in their hotel room, get tested for COVID-19, and seek medical care. Attendees should not return to in-person attendance until they receive a negative COVID test result and symptoms have resolved. Attendees should notify CSTE by emailing [email protected].
- Options for COVID-19 test to treat facilities are available at https://covid-19-test-to-treat-locator-dhhs.hub.arcgis.com/.
- CSTE does not provide financial assistance for medical treatment, hotel accommodations, or travel to return home should an attendee develop COVID-19 symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 while attending the conference. Please see the CSTE Annual Conference Waiver.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 up to five (5) days after returning home, notify CSTE by emailing [email protected].
ONSITE & LOCAL TESTING
CSTE has partnered with Wild Labs to provide COVID-19 testing services during the annual conference through Wednesday, June 22. Wild Labs is duly licensed in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and certified as a high complexity provider of clinical laboratory services. Wild Labs has testing options for mobile services and an onsite location in the Kentucky International Convention Center (KICC) for attendees to schedule same-day appointments.
Attendees are encouraged to book an appointment online for either mobile or onsite testing, but must do so for the mobile testing, at https://www.wildlabsky.com/louathome. Attendees with COVID-19 symptoms should ONLY arrange for mobile testing services. For onsite services, while online booking is preferred, attendees may walk-in for testing at the KICC in the Conference Theater room from Monday, June 20th through Wednesday, June 22nd from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
Testing is available for attendees with insurance coverage who indicate medical reasons to test (known lab confirmed exposure or symptoms) with no out of pocket expense. Attendees without a medical reason to test will be charged $68.00 for a rapid test and $160 for a PCR test. Wild Labs accepts debit and credit card payments. Testing appointments take approximately 15 minutes and rapid test results are provided at the time of visit and a PDF document of your results will be emailed within six (6) hours of visit. The PCR result will be emailed to the attendee 48 hours after the visit. Attendees will need a Drivers Licenses and insurance card to be seen and must complete consent forms with Wild Labs. CSTE does not directly or indirectly receive any confidential information or testing results.
Local options for test to treat are available by searching https://aspr.hhs.gov/TestToTreat/Pages/default.aspx.
CURRENT GUIDELINES IN LOUISVILLE, KY
The Kentucky International Convention Center (KICC) and city of Louisville are following the governor of Kentucky’s guidelines and recommendations related to group gatherings, which can be found at https://govstatus.egov.com/kycovid19. The KICC and host hotels may be hosting other groups over the conference dates, which may have their own masking and COVID-19 protocol, which CSTE cannot control.
CSTE 2022 ANNUAL CONFERENCE WAIVER
Due to the capacity of the SARS CoV-2 virus to transmit from person-to-person through respiratory droplets, the government has set recommendations, guidelines, and some prohibitions with which CSTE will comply. In consideration of your in-person participation and of any travel to attend the 2022 CSTE Annual Conference, you acknowledge and agree (1) the contagious nature of the SARS CoV-2 virus that causes COVID-19, including newly emerging variants; (2) that you are aware of the existence of the risk of becoming exposed to and/or infected by COVID-19 from the actions, omissions or negligence of yourself and others, including, but not limited to, travel by both air and/or road, and participation in activities related to your travel; (3) understand that COVID-19’s impact on individuals is varied and may have long-term and/or serious implications on person’s health including those that are currently known and those that are yet unknown and/or unanticipated; and (4) you are fully and personally responsible for your own safety and actions while and during your participation and you recognize that you may be at risk of contracting COVID-19. You hereby release and agree to hold CSTE harmless from, and waive on behalf of yourself, your heirs, and any personal representative any and all causes of action, claims, damages, costs, expenses and compensation for damage or loss to yourself and/or your property that may be caused by any act, failure to act of CSTE, or that may otherwise arise in any way connected to your travel and attendance of the conference.
In the event of any injury requiring medical care, you, or your own personal health insurance will be responsible for payments of all medical costs. You further agree that you are not covered by CSTE’s liability, medical and/or travel insurance and thus are responsible for obtaining your own. You agree to accept all financial responsibility for the costs related to any emergency treatment and/or travels.
CSTE reserves the right to request all in-person attendees to provide proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination. Prior to the start of the conference, in-person attendees may be directed to a third-party administrator for verification. If proof of up-to-date vaccination is not provided by June 8, 2022, then your in-person registration will automatically be updated to a virtual registration.
By participating in the annual conference, whether in-person or virtually, uploading photographs to social media with the hashtag #CSTE2022, or uploading photographs to the CSTE conference app and/or platform, you grant CSTE the right to take and distribute photographs, video, audio and/or electronic reproductions of events and activities for use in CSTE print and digital materials.
All attendees are expected to be respectful and professional to CSTE staff, presenting authors, moderators, and other attendees throughout the conference, including breaks, networking events, and receptions. CSTE reserves the right to ask an attendee and/or their guests to leave and/or log out of the conference immediately should they be deemed rude, uncooperative, unprofessional or intoxicated. In such cases, the attendee’s registration fees will not be reimbursed under any circumstances.
For the consideration of all attendees, please turn all electronic communication devices to vibrate or off and refrain from texting during the sessions, even if attending sessions virtually. If you must leave a meeting room during a presentation, do so with limited interruption to other attendees.