CSTE TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT POLICY
2023 CSTE Annual Conference – Salt Lake City, Utah
CSTE appreciates the efforts of those who travel for the organization. Travelers should be comfortable while traveling, understand all travel related policies, and obtain reimbursement quickly. At the same time, it is necessary to keep costs within reasonable limits and to follow consistent reimbursement procedures. Expenses not specifically addressed in these guidelines must be pre-approved by the CSTE National Office prior to incurring the expense. CSTE reserves the right to deny expenses exceeding reasonable or allowable costs as deemed appropriate by CSTE. Travelers that do not attend workshops or other sessions contingent on funding received will not be reimbursed. Please refer to the travel letter sent from [email protected] for further details on requirements and inclusions of conference sponsorship.
The travel policy meets the IRS definition of an “accountable plan;” therefore, travel reimbursements will not be reported as income. A complete expense reimbursement form accompanied by receipts substantiating the amount, time and business purpose of the expenses is required within 30 days of trip completion or expenses may not be reimbursed.
Key Dates | Please read the entire policy for more information on key dates listed below.
- Conference Early-Bird Registration Deadline – Thursday, May 4, 2023
- Hotel Reservation Deadline (rooms may sell out before the deadline) – Thursday, May 25, 2023
- Airline Reservation Deadline – Friday, June 9, 2023
- Deadline for Travel Inquiries from the CSTE National Office – Thursday, June 22, 2023
- CSTE Annual Conference – Sunday, June 25 through Thursday, June 29, 2023
- CSTE Travel Reimbursement Submission Deadline – Tuesday, August 15, 2023
Travelers sponsored for conference registration to attend the 2023 CSTE Annual Conference will be notified by the CSTE National Office on or after January 31, 2023. All sponsored registrations should be made using the personalized web link created for the sponsored traveler. Registration is not transferrable and should not be shared with others. Sponsored travelers should not purchase conference registration on their own using a personal method of payment. If registration purchased on a personal credit card is canceled, a $35.00 cancellation fee will be assessed and must be paid by the traveler. This $35.00 fee is non-refundable and cannot be reimbursed by CSTE. Sponsored travelers are encouraged to register early as space for some workshops is limited. If a sponsored traveler is not able to register for a workshop because space becomes unavailable, and funding is contingent upon attendance at this workshop, the sponsored traveler will no longer receive funding support.
Travelers will only be able to reserve a hotel room through Orchid Events (CSTE’s exclusive housing service) after conference registration has been finalized. Availability is limited and conference hotels will most likely sell out before the room block reservation deadline of Friday, May 25, 2023, so we encourage travelers to register and make lodging reservations as soon as possible. CSTE will not make your lodging reservation on your behalf nor are hotel expenses charged directly to CSTE. After your registration is complete, attendees will have access to a direct link to make hotel accommodations online through Orchid Events. Group block hotel rates range from $179 – $229 per night + 13.82% tax. Detailed information on making hotel reservations will be available after you have registered for the conference. Once reserved, Orchid Events will send reservation acknowledgements within 24 hours via email if booked online or by phone. You will not receive a written confirmation from the hotel directly. Hotels will assign specific room types upon check-in based on availability and special requests are not guaranteed.
|Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City||$229 + taxes|
|Hilton Salt Lake City Center||$189 + taxes|
|Radisson Salt Lake City Downtown||$189 + taxes|
|Salt Lake Marriott at City Creek||$224 + taxes|
|Salt Lake Plaza at Temple Square||$179 + taxes|
*Lodging reservations are available on a first-come, first-served basis and will be available through Orchid Events after conference registration is confirmed. Hotel reservations must be made by May 25, 2023 – reservations after this date are subject to a $25.00 processing fee at the responsibility of the traveler. CSTE will not reimburse travelers for fees incurred for reservations made after May 25. All hotels include complimentary in-room Wi-Fi access to attendees in the group block.
- The traveler is responsible for paying for lodging at the time of travel. Travelers will be reimbursed up to the negotiated group room rate (+tax) for lodging at CSTE conference hotels through the expense reimbursement process. CSTE will not reimburse room rates higher than the conference rate for stays at the CSTE conference hotels.
- If CSTE conference hotels become unavailable, travelers will be reimbursed up to the per diem rate of $128 per night (plus tax) for stays at other nearby hotels (non-CSTE conference hotels). The traveler is responsible for identifying other nearby hotels. CSTE will reimburse for standard single occupancy rooms up to the per diem rate for Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Please refer to your travel letter for information on the number of nights that CSTE will reimburse.
- Many hotels have frequent guest programs that reward travelers with free accommodations in exchange for a specified number of paid room nights at a hotel. CSTE will not reimburse travelers for the value of free accommodations used for business travel.
- If a traveler extends their stay beyond the number of nights approved by CSTE, all costs for the additional nights are the responsibility of the traveler. Please note airline flights may be limited and travelers may be required to stay additional nights and these costs are the responsibility of the traveler.
- Suites and concierge-level rooms are not reimbursed. An upgrade at the expense of CSTE is not permitted. A free upgrade must be noted on the expense reimbursement form.
- For safety and security, travelers should always investigate security measures of the hotel room (e.g., door locks, fire exits, and alarm systems).
- It is the traveler’s responsibility to notify either the hotel or the agency with which the reservation was made to cancel room reservations. Instructions on how to cancel your reservation will be provided in the reservation confirmation email from Orchid Events.
- Cancellation deadlines are based on the local time at the destination hotel.
- Travelers should request and record the cancellation number in case of billing disputes.
- Travelers will not be reimbursed for “no show” or late cancellation charges.
- Deposit of one nights’ room and tax will be forfeited entirely if cancellation occurs within 24-72 hours of arrival date, which will be the responsibility of the traveler. Please refer to your reservation acknowledgement for your individual hotel cancellation policy.
Hotel Personal Expenses
- Personal expenses incurred while traveling will not be reimbursed.